Your complete wedding checklist from the small details to the big suppliers!
As a Nottingham Wedding Photography Service we are often trying to help our couples with their planning not just wedding photography wise. Here is our complete list you may wish to include on your day, along with a time frame to consider it. (you can delete anything you feel you don't really need)
Good Luck & Enjoy The Planning Experience
Lets get started with around 18+ months
So ladies and gentlemen, you need to think of an epic way to propose to your loved one( get a ring and make it a surprise) As a photographer i would always recommend security getting a photographer to meet you somewhere you plan to propose who can capture it from a distance without them even knowing what you're planning. This will mean you will have some epic emotional photos that you can again surprise your special one with at a later date.. Its all about setting the scene of what your married will be like, fun, emotional roller coaster and romantic.
So the proposal is done, out the way and they said yes, what next I hear you ask;
- Pick a few dates, this allows you to be a little flexible with the best locations.
- Lets now talk budget, once you have a date you can both work out how much you could save within that time frame, then re-think about this and decide how much you realistic could save without having to cut back on your life styles, you're likely to fall in the middle somewhere.
- What style of weddings do you like? is it going to be a themed wedding, classic, rustic, gothic, religious and so on.
Choose wedding party:
- Maid of Honour and Bridesmaids, Best Man and Groomsmen, Flower Girl and Ring Bearer.
- Create a wedding website or email so you can share the story as you go on with guests and a unique email means your normal email does not get bombarded by suppliers.
- Get engagement ring insured just in case, this maybe possible through your normal home insurance but worth a check.
- consider purchasing wedding insurance, if the wedding can not go ahead or you have a nightmare with a supplier or venue, this could prove invaluable.
- look around ceremony and reception venue options, this could help with your style of wedding to flexibility for you and your guests and more .
Start assembling a team of wedding pros:
- short list planner, photographer, videographer, caterer, florist, Magicians and musicians, ceremony and reception venues etc.
- Begin compiling a guest list, One for the ceremony and one for reception as its often the case you will have restricted numbers at ceremonies. Example of this could be 90 people for the ceremony and 180 at reception, this will depends on the venues compacity.
- Start looking up wedding dress and veil styles.
- Create wedding and style boards on Pinterest, may help with inspiration.
- Research for discount codes for places you may buy wedding items or outfits, its worth a go.
- Consider when to get engagement photos taken and where.
- Start looking up save the date designs to find your favourite shape and size, order them when you have the right ones.
10 -14+ months already!
- Book your venues for your Preparation, ceremony and reception locations. Try Eastwood Hall, Hazel Gap Barn, Stubton Hall
- Book your Photographer - Ideally me, ha ha - ok who ever you see works best for you both.
- Book your toastmaster to look after you throughout the day.
- Pick your bridal party attire and accessories.
- Book registers.
- Hire videographer if not same company as the photographer, caterer, DJ/band, florist, and planner.
- Send your Save the Dates.
- Purchase wedding dress, veil and undergarments.
- Establish a skin care/beauty routine to help make sure you give your self the best glowing skin possible, your makeup artist will be best to advise on this matter.
8 - 10 months
- Find 3 hotels (at different price points) for out-of-town guests, if your wedding reception does not have a hotel function, or if you wish to keep the costs lower than having it separate may help but could mean people leave early.
- confirm your final guest list.
- Browse Wedding Invitation designs and coordinating stationery, check out those final touches for help on this one.
- (Enclosures, Programs, Menu Cards, Thank Yous, and Favours).
- Begin planning honeymoon.
6 - 8 months
- start the hunt for a good wedding hair and makeup artist.
- Meet with registers to discuss plans for ceremony.
- Reserve rentals: chairs, linens, lighting, décor, etc.
- Choose cake style and schedule tastings, Its all about the testing.. Just save some for me, please.
- Decide on groomsmen attire.
- Hire ceremony musicians if not having tracks on a cd, but a wedding singer, harpist or other musicians can really add that special tone and flavour to your big day.
- Book transportation to and from venues, I suggest checking those 3 companies out, each have different styles. Lafbery Wedding Cars - Premier Limos - Luxury Chauffeured Cars
- Purchase wedding bands such as Boogiestreet
- Order Wedding Invitations.
4 - 6 months
Choose flowers for:
- wedding party, attendants, venues, cake, etc.
- Schedule dress fittings, Try out Team Bride or Cherished Wedding Dresses
- Book honeymoon flights and hotels.
- Book room for wedding night.
- Order wedding cake.
- Plan welcome baskets for out-of-town guests.
- Prepare the style of songs you'd like your DJ to organise for you, or hand over hard drive with licenced music for them to use along with their own collection
3 months left!!
Now things are getting to feel more real!
- Finalise honeymoon plans and ensure all documents are in order, including the passport and visa's if appropriate.
- Plan ceremony and reception seating.
- Experiment with hair and veil with Makeup and Hair artist.
- Finalise readers and readings.
- Purchase: toasting flutes, serving pieces, guestbook, flower basket and ring bearer pillow.
- Finalise reception menu including any meal for the photographers & Videographers if you're being kind enough to offer them one.
- Order Menu Cards.
- Order Wedding Favours.
- Mail Wedding Invitations.
- Develop system for organising RSVPs.
- Begin writing vows.
- Review ceremony details with officials.
- Lay out the content for Wedding Programs.
- Apply for marriage license: order 2-3 extra.
- Finalise seating arrangements.
- Finalise playlists with musicians.
- Finalise fittings for wedding party and parents.
- Create wedding day timeline and send to your vendors, officials and wedding party, if you have a wedding coordinator or planner they may have this already for you.
- Decide “Something Old, New, Borrowed, Blue.”
- Book spa and beauty treatments for you and your bridal party.
- Book wedding day transportation.
- Purchase gifts for attendants.
- Order a custom Wedding Program sample.
- Pay off all your vendors in full.
- Call vendors to confirm date, times and location.
- Confirm honeymoon reservations.
- Pack for honeymoon.
- Pick up wedding rings.
- Pick up marriage license.
- Order Wedding Programs.
- Final dress fitting (with shoes & undergarments).
- Write Thank You notes as gifts are received.
Down to the wire
- Follow up with guests who have not RSVP’d.
- Give final count to caterer.
- Update registries.
- Begin breaking in wedding shoes, otherwise your feet may hurt on the day.
- Make arrangements for the caring of pets and plants while on honeymoon.
- Get final haircut and colour.
- Delegate wedding day duties: gift table, guestbook, etc.
- Delegate someone to return tuxes, rentals and tend to wedding dress.
- Send directions to wedding day transportation driver.
- Give readers their scripts.
- Give photographer and videographer your image and video requests.
- Lay out wedding clothes.
- Prepare wedding day emergency kit.
- Get spa treatments for you and the bridal party.
- Eat a good breakfast! Allow yourself plenty of time to get ready.
- Relax, smile, and soak in every moment, you're almost there!
BEYOND THE WEDDING
- Ensure tuxes and rentals have been returned.
- Get wedding dress to cleaners.
- Order Thank You Cards (include a wedding photo).
- Put your favourite wedding photo on a beautiful Custom Canvas.